Illinois Accident Lawyer Fighting For Injury Victims
For a FREE Personal Injury Case Evaluation with a Top 100 Trial Lawyer, contact The Dixon Injury Firm by calling (312) 600-8054 or Toll-Free at (855) 40-CRASH. There is NO FEE unless we will your case. Those in need of help are also welcome to complete on online intake form at not cost by clicking HERE. An Illinois accident lawyer is notified immediately when our online case evaluation form is completed. Our firm understands that questions about injuries and accidents aren’t limited to a 9-to-5 workday. We work hard to assist you even outside regular business hours and are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Illinois personal injury attorney Christopher R. Dixon is determined to achieve results for his clients. As a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The Dixon Injury Firm represents injury victims and their families who have suffered due to the carelessness, recklessness, negligence or intentional act of another. Recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association, we understand the difficulties injury victims face when fighting large insurance corporations. It takes a dedicated, aggressive, and compassionate team to help ensure you are fully compensated for all of your harms and losses.
Why Should I Hire An Accident Lawyer?
If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one as a result of the negligence or carelessness of another, the aftermath can by frightening. When a victim suffers a permanent or serious injury, it creates emotional stress and financial hardship. Immediately after an accident, the victims number one concern is focusing on receiving the necessary medical treatment for their injuries. However, the injury free insurance corporations are immediately dispatching investigators who are going to work gathering information to help minimize or deny your ability to receive full reimbursement for your damages. It is imperative that you have someone who is experienced and able to look out for your best interests after an accident.
While the law does not allow us to say we are the best personal injury lawyer in Illinois, we are dedicated to providing compassionate and aggressive legal representation to make sure you receive nothing less than the maximum compensation for your injuries. We are honored to walk alongside our clients throughout this incredibly trying time of their lives.
We Handle the Following Types of Personal Injury Cases
The Dixon Injury Firm handles a wide range of cases in which someone was injured or killed by the negligent or reckless conduct of another, including car accidents, bus accidents, trucking accidents and tractor-trailer accidents, bus accidents, motorcycle accidents, ATV accidents, SUV Rollover accidents, boating accidents, pedestrian accidents, injuries to children, uninsured motorist accidents, underinsured motorist accidents, drunk driving accidents, and other motor vehicle and airline crashes. Our resources and experience also helps those injured through dog bite accidents, medical malpractice, slip-and-fall accidents, asbestos claims, nursing home abuse, wage and hour violations, products liability cases, workers’ compensation claims, social security disability claims, and wrongful death accidents.
To the families and loved ones of those killed through any type of accident, you may be entitled to bring a wrong death case on their behalf. Wrongful death cases are designed to help with medical expenses, burial expenses, lost wages, and other related damages. With all personal injury and wrongful death claims, your urgent attention is required to ensure you bring the case within the necessary statute of limitations period.
Our top Illinois accident lawyers are available to answer your questions and provide the necessary legal advice to help you deal with the tactics of the insurance industry. Today’s insurance industry has turned into a giant for profit machine that makes billions of dollars each year by paying out less money than they take in through premiums. Their obligation to their shareholders and need to turn a profit puts their interests against yours. It is important you hire someone who has experience fighting these corporations and protecting the rights of the injured.
Common Personal Injuries Compensated
While each personal injury case has a unique set of facts, injury victims often face similar injuries given the nature of the accident. For instance, rear end auto accidents produce many herniated and bulging discs from the similar forces involved. While you should always consult with your medical professional following any injury, the links below provide information on various common personal injuries:
- Back Injuries
- Brian Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Broken Femur
- Burn Injuries
- Concussion Injuries
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Mesothelioma Cancer
- Knee Injuries
- Neck Injuries
After Your Illinois Accident, Do NOT:
- Sign Anything or Accept Payment: Immediately after an accident you should never sign anything. Insurance companies will often come visit you in the hospital and try to offer small sums of money in exchange for your signature. This old tactic of the insurance industry is an attempt for you to release the insurance company from all future liability for a little money now. It is impossible to know all the treatment you will require in the future while you are in a hospital bed immediately after an accident. Signing a legal document immediately after a crash can cause financial ruin in the future. More importantly, if you are in the hospital or still receiving treatment, you are often medicated and in no shape to be accurately reviewing legal documents.
- Provide a Recorded Statement to Anyone: Following the crash, there is no need to provide a recorded statement to anyone. There are horror stories of medicated patients who have given a recorded statement after a crash which they do not remember, only to have it used against them later to deny their claim. Your injury lawyer will advise you on whether a recorded statement is truly needed, and if so, help to make sure you have a clear head when doing so.
- Delay the Investigation of Your Case: Following an accident or the loss of a loved one, there are obviously more important things on your mind than gathering case evidence. However, you can rest assure that the insurance company is taking this action and you need to make sure all the evidence is being gathered, not just the evidence which favors the other side. An injury lawyer will undertake this burden while you and your family focus on the recovery. (NOTE: Tractor-Trailer trucks and other vehicles often have on board electronic recorders which keep track of braking distances, speeds, and other crash data. This data can be lost if not properly gathered in an investigation immediately after the crash. In addition, nearby video cameras and other crucial witness evidence is often lost by not immediately starting an investigation.)
- Delay Receiving Necessary Medical Treatment: Failing to obtain the necessary medical care after a crash can have devastating health consequences. Injuries can be made worse or heal incorrectly by ‘living’ with them as is often the case. It is important that your injuries are properly evaluated by your medical professionals immediately after an injury.
Common Questions After An Accident:
There are many common questions that arise after an accident. Our Illinois personal injury and accident lawyers assist clients with these frequent issues:
- Should a recorded statement to the insurance company be given?
- Should pictures be taken of the accident scene?
- What should be done with potential evidence?
- Should the names and contact information of witnesses be gathered after an accident?
- What types of compensation are available in Illinois if a lawsuit is filed?
- After an accident, who pays the medical bills?
- Can the wages that were lost as a result of the accident be recovered?
- How long do I have to bring my case?
How to Hire an Illinois Lawyer for Personal Injuries
As a law firm for personal injuries in Illinois, there is NO FEE unless we win your case and all initial consultations are FREE. Our history of success handling personal injury cases makes our past clients some of our biggest advocates. We take great pride in representing injury victims through this difficult journey towards recovery. Our efforts have led to recognition by the National Trial Lawyers Association as Top 100 Trial Lawyers, entry into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and recognition by Super Lawyers.
Call us today to discuss your case. To speak to an expierenced Illinois personal injury lawyer, call (312) 600-8054, or Toll-Free at (855) 40-CRASH, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.